I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Taste From The 50s

With all the record snow we have been having across the country and in my Southern state as well, I had this nostalgic desire for a taste from the 50s...Snow Ice Cream! I have all the ingredients, so check out just how easy it is to have a heaping bowl of delicious Snow Ice Cream in less that 2 minutes!

If I remember well, How To Make Snow Ice Cream 
Go into the yard and find the cleanest pile of snow. Scoop up a big bunch in a small bowl...
Run inside like the little kid in you use to do with your freshly clean fallen scooped up snow and put it in a larger bowl and mix in about 1/2 cup of milk...I like evaporated milk that is 1/2 and 1/2 with water...
Now, add about 3 teaspoons (more or less) of sugar and stir...
Next add about a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract and/or any other flavor that suits your fancy...
Stir some more and presto...enjoy your super simple blast from the past Snow Ice Cream...
 Go ahead...throw some sprinkles on it too!